Wonderful Side Dish
This Korean dish is usually pan-fried or steamed tofu topped with a lovely spicy sauce. I chose to bake it to lessen the amount of oil used.
Tofu or dubu as the Koreans call it is quite popular in Korea. It is used in many dishes all over Korea. When I shop at my local Korean market – Woo Sung Oriental Food Mart – sometimes they have already in house prepared containers of this dish that i snatch up right away. Yum!!!
- 1 package of water packed tofu
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of agave
- 2 teaspoons red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalepeno, diced
- 1 green onion or scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Drain and remove tofu from packaging.
- Slice into 10 pieces or slabs.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, agave, diced red bell pepper, diced, jalepeno, green onion, and sesame seeds to a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Once tofu is ready, place five pieces of tofu one slightly over the other onto a plate.
- Spoon on some of the spicy sauce over top.
- Serve with rice.