Good Morning! Good Morning! To You, and You and You!
I call these happy time biscuits because when you take a bite, your face will light up and you’ll feel like you’re in heaven or at least just happy! These biscuits can be made anytime of day and night to accompany a multitude of dishes. You can even add a little sugar to them, split in half and top each half with any kind of cooked fruit and you’ll have a nice southern treat. Ooo, yum!
Do I need to say anymore? Did you say you needed more incentive to make these with your tofu scramble, hash browns, and vegan sausage? How’s this?
Okay, I’ll stop playing with your emotions. You know you wanna try these, right?
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (almond, rice, soy milk)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to mix and create air.
- Using a fork or even a pastry blender, mix in vegan margarine until evenly distributed. It's okay if there are chunks of vegan margarine, just makes for lovely flavor in the end.
- Add non-dairy milk.
- Place dough onto a floured surface. Basically, lightly coat each of dough with flour. Make sure not to handle the dough too much, you don't want tough biscuits.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness (not too thin though)
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a lightly vegan margarine baking dish or pan.
- Bake for about 12- 17 minutes or golden brown.