Actually sick day started Sunday afternoon and is still with me. I have a cold. How I got a cold is beyond me. I blame it on not eating kimchi everyday for a couple of weeks. I ran out and had to make more, however, at the same time, I didn’t eat any. Yet, when I’m stressed, I do wear myself down and illness can happen. With that being said, I only had enough enough to get something hot to drink. Hence, the soybean sprout soup.
The Koreans have been known to say this soup is great for hangovers.
Vegan Mofo #9 Soybean Sprout Soup
- 1 pound of soybean sprouts
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp granules
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Rinse soybean sprouts in water. Pick out bad sprouts, if any.
- Place sprouts in pot to saute.
- Add 1/2 cup of onions and continue to saute until onions caramelize slightly.
- Add garlic, soy sauce or tamari and 6 cups of water, making sure to scrap any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Add green onions and sesame oil.
- Boil 5 minutes.