There are evenings when I have had a full day of activities that the thought of spending hours in the kitchen can be draining. So what do you do? Grab some frozen and a few fresh items that can be prepared quickly – say 30 minutes.
I love this dish so much that I change it up almost every time I make it. You can do the same.
If you add a salad, it further enhances the meal while provide additional nutrients and balance.
Gnocchi with Shiitake Mushrooms and Haricot Vert
- 1 bag Caesar's Organic Vegan Gnocchi
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, any kind you choose
- 1/4 cup celery, about 1 celery rib
- 1/4 cup onion, about 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups haricot vert
- 1 cup vegetable broth, plus 1/4 cup for sauteing
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the gnocchi according to the instructions on the package.
- Set aside once done.
- Wash mushrooms.
- Remove stems.
- Slice and chop caps.
- Rinse the haricot vert.
- Set aside.
- Chop celery and onions.
- Place shittake mushrooms, celery, and onions in a skillet.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until slightly brown using the 1/4 cup vegetable broth to avoid sticking.
- Add the haricot vert.
- Saute for 5-8 minutes.
- Add gnocchi
- Chop basil.
- Add basil.
- Add tamari.
- Add fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
For the Shiitake Mushrooms
Flavor (Vegetable Seasonings)