There is nothing more comforting than roasted vegetables or vegetables sauteed then gently simmered in a skillet until the potatoes soften and release their starch to thicken the mixture.
I baked the tofu in this, yet you can always saute them in a skillet on the stovetop before adding potatoes, carrots, onion, haricot vert, herbs, spices, and vegetable broth.
You can eat this as is or you can have it with rice, noodles, couscous, whatever makes your heart beat happily faster.
Vegan Mofo #28 Tofu Vegetable Saute
- 1 14 ounce package extra-firm water packed tofu, drained, cut, and baked
- 2 medium red or yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups haricot vert (about a handful), cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, ground (1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400
- Remove tofu from package.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place all the vegetables including the garlic into the skillet.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tamari, rosemary, paprika, and pepper.
- Cook on med for 30 minutes.
- Stir in tofu.
- Serve with rice or noodle.