I was in the mood for something light yet filling. Sometimes my mind goes blank until I went in search of delights in my kitchen. I grabbed the last of the cabbage, 2 small carrots and an heirloom tomato and began making a salad.
Originally, this was going to be a simply saute the carrots and purple cabbage. Then serve with baked tofu and soba noodles. Instead, I chose to just make a salad bake some tofu and get a side of sobu.
- Half head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 small carrots, ribboned
- 1 heirloom tomato, large chunks
- 2 bundles soba noodles
- 1 package of extra-firm water-packed tofu
- 1 green onion, cut on the diagonal
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove tofu from package.
- Cut tofu and bake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare according to package directions.
- Shred cabbage.
- Cut the ends off the carrots.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons.
- Combine the carrots, purple cabbage, tomato and green onions.