This is the dish that I call my signature dish only because a great picture was captured due to how well it turned out and the flavor was AMAZING!
So, I went about the business of preparing this dish for the simple reason that I was craving it and I wanted to celebrate the creation of my mini business cards with this image on the back. Why cards you say? It is my intention to reach as many people who are open and willing to be open to learning about the vegan lifestyle. what it can do for you, and how you can comfortably live it.
Now, I am not about forcing anything on anyone. I am here to do my part as other vegans are doing to educate those seeking help in learning and living the vegan lifestyle.
That is what I desired to do last year and for some time now. Yet, I am terrible at selling myself. That’s what happens when an artist has to sell oneself. I am great at motivating, inspiring, and empowering everyone else, just terrible at being that same champion for myself. When I’m near food, great food and ingredients. I can easily throw a dish together just by starting the prep process and before I know it, a dish is created. I’m intuitive in that way of how I prepare dishes. Which brings me to this dish again.
This recipe has onion, carrots, green peas, garlic and ginger, to name a few. As well as cranberry sauce or puree, tofu, and tamari. Once you get all the prep done, this dish goes really fast.
Vegan Mofo #17 Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 14 or 16 ounce package extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cranberry puree
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- black pepper to taste
- Drain, rinse, squeeze gently and cube.
- Place tofu cubes on a slightly oil baking sheet.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 mins.
- Heat skillet, wok, cast iron regular or enameled skillet to medium high.
- Add 1 Tbsp vegetable broth. Add more vegetable broth as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add onions and ginger. Stir fry for 3 min.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, frozen green peas, and garlic. Set aside 2 Tbsp green onions. Add remainder of green onions. Stir Fry for 3 more mins.
- Add cranberry sauce and tamari, along with black pepper. Cook 1 min.
- Serve with rice or noodles of choice.