Gardein™ To The Rescue!
I needed something extremely quick for dinner that I could prepare in less than 20 minutes. So in rode Gardein™.
I had rice, frozen peas, carrots, onions and water. The rest was easy peasy.
Vegan Mofo #19 Gardein™ Beef Burger
- 1 package of Gardein™ Beef Burger
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoon brown rice flour + 3 tablespoon water
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- black pepper to taste
- Add onions to a heated skillet. Sauté with a Tbsp water until translucent.
- Add frozen Gardein™ Beef Burger. Sauté until browned on both sides.
- Add vegetable broth or water. Either one because the burgers do release juices.
- Mix brown rice flour and water to create a slurry. Slowly add to skillet.
- Lower the heat. Continue stirring as the mixture thickens.
- In a steamer steam peas and carrots for at least 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Place cooked rice onto a plate in the form of a circle.
- Spoon some of the gravy over the rice.
- Place Gardein™ Beef Burger over rice.
- Top with peas and carrots.