I Said a Hip Hop. The Hippie. The Hippie To The Hip Hip Hoppa Ya Don’t Stop Rockin’ To The Bang Bang Boogie Said Up Jumps The Boogie To The Rhythm Of The Boogie The Beat.
Gotta wrap? THE best wraps are those that are both healthy and tasty all at the same time. There are all sorts of wraps out there made with all kinds of ingredients. The most out there are those made with burrito shells made of different colors and flours. Yet when you add creamy fillings on top of meats mixed in, it can become heavy and unhealthy.
The Koreans have excellent wraps where you get something common like lettuce – a little veg – as well as your protein of choice. You also add different condiments or toppings, fold it up, stuff it all in your mouth and it’s culinary heaven.
I don’t eat animal proteins yet I do eat a lot of tofu which the Koreans love their dubu as well. So I chose to make this dish with an ingredient that absorbs flavors like crazy of whatever you throw at it. What did I choose? I went for a kimchi juice. Yet, gochujang with a little water added can do it.
The most work you will have to do is the prep for the condiments or toppings. The shredding of the green onions, julienne carrots and radish, marinade tofu, and make rice. Also make some ssamjang. Which is a combination of gochujang (red pepper paste) and doenjang (soybean paste) with garlic, sesame oil, and a little sweetner, if you like.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetner (vegan sugar or agave)
- 1 bunch green leaf leuttce
- sesame leaves
- 5 green onions, shredded
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru (red pepper powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons doenjang (soybean paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sweetner (vegan sugar alternative)
- radish kimchi
- julienne carrots (optional)
- Shredded green onions.
- Place shredded green onions in a bowl.
- Add gochugaru, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix. Set aside.
- Place gochujang, doenjang, garlic, sesame oil, and sweetner in a bowl. Mix. Set aside.
- Place gochujamg, rice vinegar, and sweetner into a bowl. Mix. Set aside.
- Drain and remove tofu from packaging, rinse and squeeze gently.
- Slice tofu into 10 pieces. Place into marinade bowl. Marinade 5 or 10 minutes.
- Grill or baked 20 minutes.
- Place a lettuce leaf on a plate or in hand.
- Place a sesame leaf on the lettuce leaf.
- Next a little rice.
- Place a piece of tofu.
- Dress the lettuce wrap with a little radish kimchi, a little julienne carrots, and a little scallion salad. Top with ssamjang.
- Wrap into a bundle and eat.
This is a basic recipe that can be used with any protein. It is also a great dish for a family gathering.