So Fresh, Clean, and Exciting!!!
Let’s here it for salad. Yes, a good ‘ole typical green salad with a twist.
I love salad. It’s one of those meals where you can pull together any kind of vegetable and create a meal whether it be for lunch or dinner.
I also love Korean food. As a vegan, a lot traditional Korean meals aren’t vegan, although some of their vegetable sides (banchan) are vegan. Plus when you go to a really good Korean restaurant that search banchan before your main dish comes, you can try a little of everything and they will refill the banchan. It’s that cool?!
I created this recipes when I decided that I wanted a salad for a quick meal. When I opened the refrigerator door, my kimchi stared back at me and the creation of this dish was born. Have fun. Be creative.
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, julienne
- 3 cucumbers, julienne
- 3 green onions, shredded or sliced thinly
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Wash, dry and chop romaine lettuce. Place into bowl.
- Wash, dry and julienne tomatoes. Place into bowl.
- Wash dry and julienne cucumbers. Place into bowl.
- Wash, dry and shred 3 green onions. Place into bowl.
- Drizzle kimchi juice over salad.
- Measure about 1 cup kimchi and chop into bite size pieces. Place over salad.
- Thinly slice one green onion. Sprinkle over top.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.