Simple Childhood Memories!
Do you remember those rainy days at lunch time or those times when you needed your mom or dad to pour their wonderful love on you with that classic favorite – grilled cheese.
Sometimes, when it was a little rainy out or the weather gets a little chilly, a great vegan grilled cheese with a roasted garlic tomato soup or a ginger carrot soup and a simple garden salad. That is pure pleasure.
Grilled cheese is one of those great comfort foods that just soothes simple cravings and brings in the those wonderful memories from childhood like a warm blanket and hot chocolate on a cold winter’s night while watching holidays movies.
There are plenty who have a difficult time transitioning to becoming vegan simply because they are unable to let go of cheese. In steps DAIYA. This product is not only dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and cholesterol free. I try not to use too many faux products; however, vegans like everyone else wants convenience as well. I thought that I would use just a touch to try and for richness use my all-time favorite – avocado. Along with a touch of dressed up gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) and you have a serious mouth party! Spread on some solidified coconut oil and oh my God, you’ve got a serious heavenly mouth party. Plus let’s not forget the choice of adding either a roasted garlic tomato soup or a ginger carrot soup (a recipe for another day).
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoons coconut butter (solidified coconut oil)
- 4 heaping tablespoons Daiya™ Cheddar Cheese
- half avocado, sliced into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 2 teaspoons agave
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- Add gochujang, agave, and tamari or soy sauce to a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat skillet to medium.
- Spread solidified coconut oil on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one side in skillet.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of Daiya™ Cheddar Cheese, 6 slices of avocado, and a tablespoon of gochujang sauce on each slice of bread.
- Top each sandwich with the other slice of bread.
- Cook until desired brownness.
- Gently flip and cook until desired brownness.
- Remove skillet.