In our house, sometimes we like to have themed nights for our meals. On this night, we decided to have tacos simply because there wasn’t much in the kitchen. I hadn’t gone grocery shopping yet so I took inventory of what was available to pull together some tacos.
- 1 can of vegetarian low fat refried beans or 2 cups leftover cooked beans, mashed
- 1 package of blue corn hard tortillas
- 2 cups kale leaves, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 carrots, julienne (optional)
- taco sauce or salsa (if desired)
- If using canned refried beans, prepare according to product instructions.
- If using leftover cooked beans, mash beans with a potato masher or fork.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons salsa to the beans, if desired and heat.
- Prepare tortillas according to package instructions.
- Wash and removed leaves from stem.
- Roll leaves and slice.
- Set aside.
- Core tomato and chop to desired size.
- Wash and cut each carrot into three sections.
- Slice each carrot piece length-wise.
- Julienne each slice.